OM SRI BHAGAWAN SATHYA SAI BABAYA NAMAH
Let us bow down to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
(the true Divine Mother and Father of all)
Words have tremondous power. They can arouse emotions and the can also calm them. They direct or infuriate, they reveal or confuse. They are potent forces that bring up great reserves of strength and wisdom. The tongue should be used for pronouncing the Name of the Lord. It should not be used to hiss like a serpent, or growl or roar with intention to strike terror. That is not the purpose for which the tongue is granted to man. Dwell on the Name, and its sweetness will saturate your tongue and improve your taste. Speech is so powerful that it indicates one’s character, reveals one’s personality, educates others and communicates experience and information. So be vigilant about words. Slip while walking, the injury can be repaired; but slip with talking, the injury is irreparable.
The present age is described in the scriptures as very conducive to Liberation for, while in past Ages, rigorous penance was prescribed as the means, the present Kali Age requires only Namasmarana to win Liberation. When the Name of the Lord is remembered with all the Glory that is associated with It, a great flood of happiness wells up in the mind. The Lord is full of Bliss and in fact He is Bliss Itself. All this Bliss is to be tasted through the Name. Vyasa himself knew this, for when some sages once went to him to find out which Yuga is most conducive to success in man’s efforts for Liberation, Vyasa anticipated their question and repeated to himself aloud, `How fortunate are those destined to be born in the Kali Yuga! It is so easy to win the Grace of the Lord by Namasmarana in the Kali Age.’
The Name of God, if recited with Love and Faith, has the power to bring upon the eager aspirant the Grace of God. The Name has the over-mastering power of even leaping over the ocean. It can award unimagined strength and courage. When questioned whether it was Ramanama that strengthened Hanuman to cross the ocean, Rama replied that since His Body was called Rama, the Name that combines the Bijaakshras of both Siva and Vishnu, He Himself was able to conquer Ravana and his hordes. The name has such efficacy. By repeating the Name, the Lord and His Attributes can easily be identified. The tongue must be sanctified by repetition of the Name. It has also to be used for sweet expressions which will spread contentment and joy. Remember that God, in whom you move, the God Who makes you move, the God who is all this Vast Universe- every little atom and every huge star, rememeber Him! Select some Name and Form for this All-pervasive Immanent God and keep It on your tongue and before your mental eye. That is what is called Japa-sahita-dhyanam. Recitation of the Name-cum-meditation. When you select one Name and one Form for Smarana, do not talk ill of other Names and Forms. Behave like the woman of a joint family. She respects and serves the elders of the family, such as the father-in-law and his brothers and her own brothers-in-law, but her heart is dedicated to her husband, whom she loves and reveres in a special manner. If you carp at the faith of others your devotion is fake. If you are sincere, you will appreciate the sincerity of others too. The Lord has thousands of Names. There is no Name that is not His. Krishna, Shrinivasa, Sai Baba- all Names are of the same Entity.
[Excerpted from Sri Sathya Sai Baba Divine Discourse on His 43rd Birthday]
- OM SRI BHAGAVAN SATHYA SAI BABAYA NAMAH.
Let us bow down to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba (the true Divine Mother and Father of all)
- OM SRI SAI SATHYA SWAROOPAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Embodiment of Truth
- OM SRI SAI SATHYA DHARMA PARAYANAAYA NAMAH.
Who is solely devoted (to preaching) to Truth and Righteousness
- OM SRI SAI VARADAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Giver of boons
- OM SRI SAI SATHPURUSHAAYA NAMAH.
The One Who is all pervading
- OM SRI SAI SATHYA GUNNATHMANE NAMAH
Who is the Embodiment of the virtue, Truth
- OM SRI SAI SADHUVARDHANAAYA NAMAH
Who promotes the quality of piety, righteousness
- OM SRI SAI SADHUJANA POSHANAAYA NAMAH
Who nourishes the sustains pious people
- OM SRI SAI SARVAJNAAYA NAMAH
Who is omniscient
- OM SRI SAI SARVA JANA PRIYAAYA NAMAH.
Who is dear to all
- OM SRI SAI SARVA SAKTHI MOOTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the Embodiment of all powers
- OM SRI SAI SARVESAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Lord of all
- OM SRI SAI SARVA SANGA PARITHYAAGINE NAMAH.
Who has given up all attachments
- OM SRI SAI SARVA ANTHARYAAMINAE NAMAH
Who is the Indweller of all hearts
- OM SRI SAI MAHIMAATMANE NAMAH.
Who is Glory Personified
- OM SRI SAI MAHESWARA SWAROOPAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Embodiment of Shiva
- OM SRI SAI PARTHI GRAMODBHAVAAYA NAMAH.
Who is born in a village called Parthi
- OM SRI SAI PARTHI KSHETRA NIVAASINE NAMAH.
Who is the Resident of the region of Parthi
- OM SRI SAI YASAHKAAYA SHIRDI VAASINE NAMAH.
Who is famous in the previous body as the Resident of Shirdi
- OM SRI SAI JODI AADIPALLI SOMAPPAAYA NAMAH
Who has taken the Form of the female and male aspect (Shiva and Shakthi) in the primeval village
- OM SRI SAI BHARADWAJA RISHI GOTHRAAYA NAMAH.
Who is born in the Gothra of Bharadhwaj Rishi
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTA VATHSALAAYA NAMAH
Who has parental affection of devotees
- OM SRI SAI APAANTHARAATHMANE NAMAH
Who is the inner Atma in all
- OM SRI SAI AVATHAARA MOORTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the manifestation of the divine Incarnation
- OM SRI SAI SARVA BHAYA NIVAARINE NAMAH.
Who removes all fears
- OM SRI SAI AAPASTHAMBA SUTHRAAYA NAMAH.
Who is identical with the Apasthamba lineage
- OM SRI SAI ABHAYAPRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who bestows freedom from fear
- OM SRI SAI RATNAAKARA VAMSODBHAVAAYA NAMAH.
The One Who is born in the dynasty of Ratnakar (gems of men)
- OM SRI SAI SHIRDI SAAYI ABHEDA SAKTHYAAVATHAARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the incarnation of power not different from that of Shirdi
- OM SRI SAI SAMKARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is Shankara (Shiva)
- OM SRI SAI SHIRDI SAI MOORTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the Incarnation of Shirdi Sai
- OM SRI SAI DWAARAKAMAAYI VAASINE NAMAH.
Who is the Resident of Dwarakamayi
- OM SRI SAI CHITRAAVATHEE THATA PUTTAPARTHI VIHAARINE NAMAH.
Who sports (His Leelas) in Puttaparthi on the banks of the Chitravathi river
- OM SRI SAI SAKTHI PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who bestows strength
- OM SRI SAI SARANAAGATHA THRAANAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Savior of those who surrender
- OM SRI SAI ANANDAAYA NAMAH.
Who is Bliss
- OM SRI SAI AANANDA DAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants Bliss
- OM SRI SAI AARTHA THRAANA PARAAYANAAYA NAMAH.
Who is devoted solely to saving the afflicted (those in distress)
- OM SRI SAI ANAATHA NAATHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Guardian or Lord of the destitute
- OM SRI SAI ASAHAAYA SAHAAYAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Helper of the helpless
- OM SRI SAI LOKA BAANDHAVAAYA NAMAH.
Who is a brother to the whole world
- OM SRI SAI LOKARAKSHAA PARAAYANAAYA NAMAH.
Who is solely devoted to protecting the people
- OM SRI SAI LOKANAATHAYA NAMAH
Who is the Lord of all worlds
- OM SRI SAI DEENAJANA POSHANAAYA NAMAH.
Who nourishes and sustains the poor (those who are in a miserable condition)
- OM SRI SAI MOORTHI THRAYA SWAROOPAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Incarnation of the Holy Trinity (Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara)
- OM SRI SAI MUKTHI PRADAAYA NAMAH
Who is the Giver of Liberation
- OM SRI SAI KALUSHA VIDOORAAYA NAMAH.
Who removes wickedness
- OM SRI SAI KARUNAAKARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is compassionate
- OM SRI SAI SARVAADHAARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Support of all
- OM SRI SAI HRUDAYAVASINE NAMAH
Who resides in the heart of everyone
- OM SRI SAI PUNYA PHALA PRADAAYA NAMAH
Who is the Giver of the fruits of merit
- OM SRI SAI SARVA PAAPAKSHAYA KARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Destroyer of all sins
- OM SRI SAI SARVA ROGA NIVAARINE NAMAH.
Who removes all diseases
- OM SRI SAI SARVA BAADHA HARAAYA NAMAH.
Who takes away all afflictions
- OM SRI SAI ANANTHA NUTHA KARTHRUNE NAMAH
The One Who is the Creator and Who is praised endlessly
- OM SRI SAI AADI PURUSHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is Primeval Purusha (the very First from the Lord)
- OM SRI SAI AADI SAKTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the Primal Energy
- OM SRI SAI APAROOPA SAKTHINE NAMAH.
He Who has delightful and wonderful powers
- OM SRI SAI AVYAKTHA ROOPINE NAMAH.
Who is the form of the Unmanifested (the Formless)
- OM SRI SAI KAAMAKRODHA DHWAMSINE NAMAH.
Who destroys desire and anger
- OM SRI SAI KANAKAAMBARA DHAARINE NAMAH.
Who wears a golden-colored robe
- OM SRI SAI ADBHUTHA CHARYAAYA NAMAH.
Whose activities are astonishing, unprecedented
- OM SRI SAI AAPADBAANDHAVAAYA NAMAH.
Who guides like a brother in calamity
- OM SRI SAI PREMAATMANE NAMAH.
Who is Love Personified
- OM SRI SAI PREMA MOORTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the Embodiment of Love
- OM SRI SAI PREMA PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants Love
- OM SRI SAI PRIYAAYA NAMAH.
Who is loved by all
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTA PRIYAAYA NAMAH.
Who is dear to devotees
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHA MANDAARAAYA NAMAH
Who is the highest peak (Divine Mountain) to the Bhaktha
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHA JANA HRIDAYA VIHAARAAYA NAMAH.
Who plays (happily) in the hearts of devotees
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHAJANA HRUDAYAALAYAAYA NAMAH
Who dwells in the heart of the Bhaktha
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHA PARAADHEENAAYA NAMAH.
Who is at the command of the devotees
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHI JNANA PRADEEPAAYA NAMAH
who ignites the blazing lamp of Bhakthi and knowledge in us
- OM SRI SAI BHAKTHI JNANA PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who shows the path of Bhakthi which leads to Jnaana (knowledge)
- OM SRI SAI SUJNAANA MAARGADARSAKAAYA NAMAH
Who shows the path of attaining right knowledge
- OM SRI SAI JNAANASWARUPAAYA NAMAH.
Who is Knowledge Personified
- OM SRI SAI GITA BODHAKAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Teacher of the Gita
- OM SRI SAI JNANA SIDDHIDAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants the achievement of wisdom
- OM SRI SAI SUNDARARUPAAYA NAMAH.
Who has a charming Form
- OM SRI SAI PUNYA PURUSHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the embodiment of Purity (physical beauty, sweetness of speech, compassion etc)
- OM SRI SAI PHALAPRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who bestows the fruits of Karma
- OM SRI SAI PURUSHOTHAMAAYA NAMAH
Who is the Supreme Person
- OM SRI SAI PURAANA PURUSHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the most ancient Supreme Person
- OM SRI SAI ATHEETHAAYA NAMAH
Whose Glory transcends the three worlds
- OM SRI SAI KAALAATHEETHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is beyond the limits of time
- OM SRI SAI SIDDHIROOPAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Embodiment of all accomplishments
- OM SRI SAI SIDDHA SANKALPAAYA NAMAH.
Whose Will is immediately effective
- OM SRI SAI AAROGYA PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants good health
- OM SRI SAI ANNAVASTRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the sustainer of all beings (He gives food and clothing)
- OM SRI SAI SAMSAARA DUKHASHAYAKARAAYA NAMAH.
Who destroys the suffering of the mundane existence
- OM SRI SAI SARVAABHEESTA PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants desirable objects to all
- OM SRI SAI KALYAANAGUNAAYA NAMAH
Whose virtues are beneficial
- OM SRI SAI KARMADHWAMSINE NAMAH
Who destroys the (binding force of) Karma
- OM SRI SAI SAADHU MAANASA SOBHITHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is an ornament to righteous minds
- OM SRI SAI SARVAMATHA SAMMATHAAYA NAMAH
Who accepts all religions
- OM SRI SAI SAADHUMAANASA PARISODHAKAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Cleanser of the mind of the aspirant
- OM SRI SAI SADHAKAANUGRAHA VATA VRIKSHA PRATHISTHAAPAKAAYA NAMAH.
Who has established the banyan tree as a favor to the Sadhaka
- OM SRI SAI SAKALA SAMSAYA HARAAYA NAMAH
Who destroys all doubts
- OM SRI SAI SAKALATHATHWA BODHAKAAYA NAMAH.
Who teaches the essence of all knowledge
- OM SRI SAI YOGISWARAAYA NAMAH
Who is the Lord of all Yogis
- OM SRI SAI YOGINDRA VANDITHAAYA NAMAH.
Who is revered by all the Masters of Yoga
- OM SRI SAI SARVA MANGALA KAARAAYA NAMAH.
Who is the Granter of all auspiciousness and prosperity
- OM SRI SAI SARVA SIDDHI PRADAAYA NAMAH.
Who grants all accomplishments and skills
- OM SRI SAI AAPANNIVARINE NAMAH.
Who removes all calamities
- OM SRI SAI AARTHIHARAAYA NAMAH.
Who takes away bodily and mental pains
- OM SRI SAI SAANTHA MOORTHAYE NAMAH.
Who is the Personification of Peace
- OM SRI SAI SULABHA PRASANNAAYA NAMAH.
Who is easy to please
- OM SRI BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BAABAAYA NAMAH.
Let us bow down to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba (the True Divine Mother and Father of us all)